Welcome to CE Industries, this site is owned by CE Industries, the site has been developed and maintained by IBD (Internet Business Design).
CE Industries Products and Services are offered by CE Industries through this website. All Products and Service on the CE Industries website are made available subject to this.
- What information of yours do we collect?
- What are “cookies” and how do we use them?
- What organisation is collecting the information?
- How does CE Industries website use the information?
- With whom does CE Industries website share the information that is collected?
- How can you access, edit or delete your information?
- What is the opt-out policy for the CE Industries website?
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss,misuse or alteration of your information?
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to:
Tel: +61 7 46 391 880
If you do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should then contact IBD, who will serve as a liaison with CE Industries to resolve your concerns.
Internet Business Design
Tel: +61 7 46 391 880
Please note that the CE Industries site contains links to other sites and may in the future allow other sites to be co-branded with the CE Industries name. Sites that are linked to CE Industries sites may have privacy policies which differ from our own.
CE Industries will update this policy from time to time so please check back periodically. When such changes occur, you will see the word “updated” next to the Policy item as well the date of the update will be displayed. If at any point we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will prominently post such changes prior to implementing them.
1. What information of yours does CE Industries collect?Our goal is to become a favoured and trusted Internet destination by providing the information, services, and product offerings that are most relevant to you. To achieve this goal, CE Industries must collect information so we can understand what makes you different from our many other unique users.
Information collected online is usually defined as being either anonymous or personally identifiable.
Anonymous information refers to data that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. For example, CE Industries collects some information each time a visitor comes to a CE Industries page so we can improve the overall quality of the visitors online experience. CE Industries collects the visitors IP address (e.g., whether the user is logged on from bigpond.com.au or optus.net.au), referral data (e.g., the address of the last URL a user visited prior to clicking through to the CE Industries site), and browser and platform type (e.g., a Netscape browser on a Linux platform). CE Industries also collects aggregate search terms from search services for internal reporting. CE Industries collects this user information for purposes of product monitoring, product improvement, and targeted advertising. You do not have to register with CE Industries before we can collect this anonymous information.
Personally identifiable information refers to data that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name and postal address, which may be collected in addition to the anonymous data described above.
CE Industries may collect personal information in the following ways from different pages on its site:
a. Other Registration: In addition to registration for various services on the CE Industries website, we may ask you for personal information at other times, including when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by CE Industries. We also ask for personal information when you make an online purchase using the CE Industries website. You are not required to register for any services on CE Industries. If you choose not to provide the requested information, CE Industries may not be able to fulfill your request.
b. Correspondence: If you contact CE Industries, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We do not collect any e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail. We use the information provided so that we may respond to the e-mail.
2. What are “cookies” and how does the CE Industries website use them?
In addition to the personally identifiable information that CE Industries actively collects when you register, we may also collect anonymous information passively using cookies. Presently, cookies play an important role in making the Internet work, but there is much confusion among Internet users about what cookies are and how they are used.
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred from a Web site to the hard drive of your computer so that the site administrator may identify your computer and passively track its activities on the Web site. This unique number identifies your Web browser –but not you– to site hosting computers whenever you visit our site. A cookie will not let a Web site know any personally identifiable information about you, such as your real name and address.
Save your passwords and preferences so that you will not have to re-enter them the next time you visit.
Measure traffic patterns. Without cookies, it could be difficult for CE Industries to know which services are more popular than others.
Estimate audience size. Cookies let us know whether or not a Web browser has seen a particular page or accessed particular services.
3. What organisation is collecting the information? When you register for a service within the CE Industries site, that information is generally collected and maintained solely by the the CE Industries site unless specifically stated otherwise at the point of collection. If data is collected and/or maintained by any company other than CE Industries, we will inform you at the point of collection. If you do not want to share your information with that company, you can choose not to use that service. Please see the Section entitled With whom does CE Industries share the information that is collected?
The CE Industries site may run promotions and competitions across its site. These promotions may be sponsored or co-sponsored by third-party companies. Data collected during a promotion is typically shared with the sponsor or co-sponsor. The CE Industries site will inform you at the point of collection whether or not we are sharing your personal data as a result of your participation in a promotion or competition. If you do not want to have the CE Industries site share your data, you can choose not to participate in the promotion or competition.
4. How does CE Industries use the information it collects? Any personally identifiable information you share with the CE Industries site when registering for Products and Services at any of our pages is maintained and accessible only by CE Industries unless specifically stated otherwise. CE Industries requests information from its users so that users can enjoy customised experiences across the CE Industries site, including future personalisation services, interactive communications, games, online shopping and much more. Most of these Products and Services will be made available to you at no cost. In order to extend our content and services free of charge, the CE Industries site may choose to display advertisements.
The following are examples of how the CE Industries site may use the information it collects:
The CE Industries site uses the aggregate data collected to let our sponsors know the numbers of people who have certain demographic characteristics and the number of those people who have seen and “clicked” on their advertisement(s). We will also disclose to those third-party sponsors the overall demographics available regarding who saw and “clicked” on their advertisement. No personally identifiable information will be disclosed to these advertisers as part of this process — only information in an aggregate form.
The CE Industries site may also use the aggregate data to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our registered users and visitors, to measure user demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the CE Industries site and to analyse how and where best to use our resources. Without such data, we would not know which parts of the CE Industries site are the most popular, and we would not be able to change and update the content and services appropriately.
The CE Industries site collects an aggregate list of search terms from search services. This information is collected anonymously and used primarily for the purposes of product development, monitoring, and improvement, as well as targeting our services.
The CE Industries site may, from time to time, use your information to contact you about changes or enhancements to Products and Services on the CE Industries site.
If you enter a promotion or a contest on the CE Industries site, we will use the information you provided to contact you in the event you win.
The CE Industries site may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide information on individual users to the appropriate governmental authorities. In matters involving a danger to personal or public safety, CE Industries may voluntarily provide information to appropriate governmental authorities.
5. With whom does CE Industries share the information that is collected?
The CE Industries site does not share your information with any third party.
6. How can you access, edit or delete your information?
The CE Industries site provides its registered users the ability to access and edit the personal information in their user profiles by following these steps:
Telephone: +61 7 4671 2266
7. What is the opt-out policy for CE Industries?
The CE Industries site offers you the ability to opt-out of receiving information on CE Industries updates and new services, as well as direct mail offers from CE Industries and sponsors. This is done at the point of initial collection of information and during the editing or updating process. The instructions to opt out of the CE Industries site e-mail newsletters and direct mail communications are the same as the above instructions for editing user information profiles.
8. What kinds of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
The CE Industries site has security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control.Only authorized contractors and employees have access to the information you provide us. The CE Industries site has implemented strict rules on employees and contractors who have access to data, that store user information or to the servers that host our services. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we take many precautions to prevent such events. Any other particularly sensitive information, such as your credit card number collected for a commerce transaction is encrypted prior to transmission.
You are ultimately responsible for the security of your CE Industries ID and password. Please take care when using and storing them. CE Industries recommends that you do not divulge your password to anyone. You should log out of your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence, especially if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.